The most important metric is the size of the document within the captured image. The recommended image size is is over 3000x1920 pixels which is a little greater than 5 megapixels. We can safely handle images that are closer to 4 megapixels with a resolution greater than 2500x1600 pixels. The minimum document resolution we support is 2030x1280 pixels. With larger image sizes we can support up to 50% compression of jpeg images with limited impact on authentication results.
Articles in this section
- Is the SDK available for iOS and Android?
- What kind of personal data is extracted from the ID?
- How long does it take to get a result back?
- How do you manage personal data from the scanned ID?
- What happens if the ID is expired?
- What size image is ideal?
- How can I ensure customers take good images?
- Can we have the user's browser authenticate with your servers directly?
- Can the image capture screens be customized if we use your SDK?